Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hamburger Casserole

I desperately needed to go grocery shopping so I was trying to make something with the few ingredients I had on hand. After searching google I came up with this mixture of a few different recipes and it came out ok. It reminded me of kid friendly casseroles my mom made for us when we were growing up. It's not something I would make often but it worked in a pinch.

Hamburger Casserole
Ingredients
4 potatoes, boiled until tender (I used red potatoes because that's what I had, I didn't peel them but they can be peeled)
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper (you could do less but we like it peppery)
1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
1/2 onion, chopped
1 (10.5 oz) can condensed tomato soup
1 (15 oz) can green beans, drained
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Blend potatoes with butter, salt and pepper. Set aside. Brown meat with onion. Drain grease. Stir in tomato soup and beans. Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart casserole dish. Spoon potatoes on top. Bake for 35 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Serves 6 to 8.

No comments: