Sunday, April 5, 2009

Velveeta Rotel Dip

Sunday nights around here are for leftovers or frozen pizza. Since I'm not really cooking I've been making some kind of dip to eat with the pizza or the leftovers. I first had this dip at a friend's party and it's easy and yummy. I also got some of the new Hint of Jalepeno Scoops chips to eat with the dip this time.

VELVEETA ROTEL DIP
1 lb. ground beef (I usually omit this - it's good with or without meat)
2 lb. box of Velveeta cheese
1 med. onion (omit)
1 can Rotel tomatoes

Cook ground beef and drain off grease. Add chopped onion and let cook until onion is tender. Add Rotel tomatoes (break up tomatoes with your hand). Slice up Velveeta and add to other ingredients. After cheese is melted, remove from heat and let stand until thickened. Then serve with plain Doritos or Tostitos.
I usually heat the velveeta on the stove then add it to the crock pot to keep it warm.

No comments: