Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stuffed Bell Peppers

I remember the first time I had these at my Great Aunt Mary's farm. I was probably 5 or 6 years old. My mom uses this same recipe. I really don't have a specific recipe because it's one of those dishes that I just make.
Stuffed Peppers
Ingredients:
1 pound beef or turkey
4-5 bell peppers
1 onion
rice (however much you want to use - I just used a microwaveable pouch of Uncle Ben's Garden Vegatable rice to save time)
2 14.5oz cans of diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cup pasta sauce
cheese (however much you want to use.)
Dice onion and brown onion with ground beef. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove tops and insides of bell peppers, boil to soften while preparing the other ingredients. Once meat and onion is browned, add diced tomoatoes to the pan and heat through. Prepare rice and add rice to the mixture. Remove peppers from boiling. Stuff peppers with the mixture, pour pasta sauce over the stuffed peppers. Bake peppers for about 55 minutes, add cheese to tops of stuffed peppers and bake for 5 more minutes to melt cheese. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: