Friday, February 27, 2009

Moist and Delicious Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot

When I found a Perdue chicken half price I looked online for a recipe to cook it in the crockpot. This recipe is from brainhoney.com and came out really good. I'm using the leftovers for chicken pot pie, too.

Moist and Delicious Whole Chicken in the Crock Pot
For this recipe you will need:

One whole chicken (frozen or fresh)
2 Tbs garlic paste (or 4 medium garlic cloves peeled and minced)
1 Tbs salt
1 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp lemon zest (I used lemon juice
I also added one small onion, chopped and two large carrots and two cans of chicken broth

I pulled the giblets out of the inside chicken, peeled the skin back, poked holes in the chicken with a fork and spread the garlic paste with olive oil and salt over the chicken. After I was done spread the mixture over the chicken, I put the remainder of the mixture inside the chicken. I placed the chicken in the crock pot surrounded by the onion and two carrots. I poured 2 cans of chicken broth over the chicken and cooked on low for 10 hours. Cut chicken, serve and enjoy!

No comments: