Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Onion Baked Pork Chops

Onion Baked Pork Chops

6 pork chops
1 pckg. Lipton onion soup mix (I used an off brand mix)
2 eggs, well beaten
2/3 cup bread crumbs
1/2 stick butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine soup mix and bread crumbs. Dip chops in egg and then in bread crumb/onion mixture, coating well. Place in a shallow pan and drizzle well with butter. Bake 1 hour, turning once. Makes six servings.

Notes:
While these weren't as moist as I would have liked, they were still really good. The combo of onions and breadcrumbs is a nice breading.
I added a few pieces of garlic and I also added a little olive oil to the pan before I stuck it all in the oven, just to infuse more flavor.
I also sauteed some onions and add them right before serving. The flavor of real onions added a nice touch to what was a good, hearty meal, not to mention easy! It is also easy to cut in half if you don't need to serve six. I always freeze extra food.
Sides: steamed veggies and rice.

No comments: