Thursday, February 28, 2008

French Fry Casserole

So this isn't the healthiest meal to make but it was good! I thought I would try it in place of the tater tot casserole I make and liked it better. It definitely has more flavor and is a quick, easy meal. I did use turkey to make it a little healthier as a meal.

French Fry Casserole
1 lb. ground meat (lean beef or turkey)
1/2 a medium onion - chopped
1 clove fresh garlic - chopped finely
salt & pepper to taste
1 can cream/mushroom soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup ----- (I could only find Campbell's Spicy Nacho Cheese Soup at the grocery store but it worked fine)
shredded cheddar cheese
frozen french fries ----- (I used the thin fast food style rather than the thick crinkle fries)

Brown beef, along with onion and fresh garlic. Drain, add back to pan along with salt, pepper, and soups. Heat through & pour into casserole dish. Top with frozen fries. Sprinkle top of fries with seasoning salt and pepper. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until fries are golden brown. Spread handful of cheese on top & put back in oven until melted.

No comments: