Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spinach & Artichoke Dip

I was craving this dip and since the Chilis nearby closed I decided to make some at home. I couldn't find a recipe I liked 100% so I adapted Paula Deen's recipe from the Food Network. It was so yummy and made a lot so next time I will probably cut it in half!

Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Ingredients
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
2 (13 3/4-ounce) cans artichoke hearts
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used 8oz of cream cheese instead - mayo is yucky!)
1/2 cup sour cream (I used 8oz.)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 cup grated pepper jack cheese (I used mozerella cheese)
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
Heat the spinach in a microwave oven on high for 5 minutes and squeeze dry. Drain the artichoke hearts and coarsely chop in a food processor.
Combine all the ingredients except the jack cheese in a large bowl. Stir well. Scrape into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the jack cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes. Transfer to a chafing dish and keep warm over a low flame. Serve with bagel chips.

4 comments:

Crissy said...

This sounds absolutely delicious!! I'm going to try this!

Jo said...

It was very easy and soooo good! You will love it!

Crissy said...

So I made the dip tonight...yum-o!!

Jo said...

Good I'm glad it turned out for you! Next time I'm cutting the recipe in half though I really didn't mind eating leftovers of it for a week and a half afterward. :)