Saturday, March 21, 2009

Herbed Cheese-Stuffed Salmon

This recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens and I found it while I was sitting at Kauffman's Tires waiting for my tire to be patched. It was really easy and very good dinner! I served it with roasted asparagus.

Herbed Cheese-Stuffed Salmon (I adjusted the recipe to feed 2 people)
6 6oz fresh or frozen (I used 2)
1 lemon (omitted)
1 5.2 oz container semisoft cheese with garlic and herbs (I found little triangles of Laughing Cow spreadable cheese and used 2 triangles for each piece of salmon)
sea salt or salt
1 cup soft bread crumbs (I actually used half of a hot dog bun)
1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (I used Parmesan from a bag and just about 1/6 of a cup)
1/4 cup butter melted (I used about 2 tbsp)
2 Tbsp pine nuts (omitted)

1. Thaw fish, if frozen. rinse fish, pat dry. Preheat oven to 425*F. Finely shred enough peel from lemon to make 2 tsps.; cut lemon in wedges and set aside. In small bowl combine semisoft cheese and lemon peel. In top of each fillet, from about 1/2 in. from one edge, cut a pocket, taking care not to cut all the way through the fish. (If fillet is thin, cut into the fish at an angle.) Spoon cheese mixture into pockets. Season fish with salt. Place in a shallow baking pan. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, butter and pine nuts; sprinkle over fillets, pressing lightly. Bake, uncovered about 14 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.

No comments: