Monday, December 8, 2008

Georgia-style Brunswick stew

This is a Georgia-style Brunswick stew and was adapted from about.com, southern recipes and a recipe from a co-worker. Below are my adjustments. Yummy and simply southern tasting.


Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef (I used ground turkey)


1 pounds chicken or pork, or a combination, cooked and diced (omitted)

2 cans beef in bbq sauce (vietti brand available at walmart)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (omitted)
1 or 2 tablespoons dried minced onion, optional (I used one small onion, diced and cooked with turkey)
3 to 4 tablespoons bacon drippings (I used 2 cans of chicken broth)
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite (I used a bit less than a small bottle)
1 1/2 cups ketchup (I used a small bottle)
2 to 3 cups diced potatoes, cooked (maybe next time, omitted this time because I didn't feel up to dicing and cooking them)


1 large can of crushed tomatoes (added)


3 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) cream-style corn (omitted, we aren't really corn fans)
Preparation:


Place all ingredients in a stockpot or Dutch oven. Cover and simmer until hot and bubbly. Taste and adjust seasonings with more salt and hot sauce, as desired. I cooked on h.igh in crock pot for about 2 hours.
Serves 6 to 8. Related Recipes

No comments: