Thursday, June 5, 2008

Roasted Chickpeas

Sometimes I crave something crunchy and this is a more healthy alternative to chips or even crackers as a snack. Next time I'm going to use some creole seasoning in place of the garlic salt to give it an extra kick.

Roasted Chickpeas
1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
2 tablespoons olive oil (I used a tsp. at the end.)
salt (optional)
(1 tsp.) garlic salt (optional)
(1/2 tsp.) cayenne pepper (optional) (Just a dash.)
Curry powder (dash)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them. (I rinsed well and then dried in paper towels.)
3. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, and season to taste with salt, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper, if using. (I did not toss them with anything until they came out, I put them on the baking sheet dry.)
4. Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes (I only cooked mine for about 17 minutes or so, and they were perfect for me.), until browned and crunchy.
5. Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.
6. After taking out, toss with olive oil and seasonings. Enjoy!

No comments: