Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tomato, Potato, Cucumber & Green Bean Salad

I really don't have a recipe for this; it's just one of those summer salads that I love and I add whatever I want to eat when I'm making it.

Tomato, Potato, Cucumber & Green Bean Salad

White Potatoes 2-4, depending on how much you want to make
Fresh Green Beans, 1/2 to 1 pound
Onions 1-2, depending on how big (I use one small because I prefer less onion)
Roma Tomatoes 2-4
Cucumbers 1-2 large
Olive Oil (I used maybe 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp.)
White Vinegar (I used about 1 tbsp.)
Salt and Pepper
Dill (to taste, optional)
Oregano (to taste, optional)

1. Boil potatoes then peel skin off and cut into quarters or sixths then place in bowl.
2. Boil green beans (cut in half if they are long ones) then place in bowl.
3. Cut up onions and tomatoes place in bowl.
4. Add olive oil, just regular white vinegar (I use white wine vinegar if I have it.), salt and pepper to taste (I prefer sea salt and fresh ground pepper), add dill and oregano to taste if you want.
5. Mix and then taste to find out if it needs more of the olive oil, vinegar, etc.
The theory is less is more, you don't want to drench it with the oil and vinegar unless that's the way you like it.

No comments: