Friday, May 16, 2008

Honey-Glazed Chicken and Roasted Carrots with Honey

Honey-Glazed Chicken
from Good Thymes and Good Food and Everyday Food

Ingredients
Serves 4 (I cut the recipe in half - just split it down the middle)
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons dried thyme
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 chicken, (about 3 pounds) cut into 8 pieces
(I just used boneless skinless breasts)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 475 (I cooked them at 450 with the carrots on the same baking sheet)degrees.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
3. In a small bowl (or glass measuring cup), whisk together honey, vinegar, thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4. Place chicken pieces on prepared pan; brush with honey glaze to coat.
5. Roast, brushing twice with glaze (do not baste during last 5 minutes of cooking), until chicken is deep brown on the outside and opaque throughout, 20 to 25 minutes.

Roasted Carrots with Honey
Ingredients Serves 4 (I cut this in half, too)
1 1/2 pounds carrots, cut on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths and halved lengthwise if thick (I just used a small bag of baby carrots and cut them in half)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 tablespoon honey

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots with oil; season with salt and pepper. (I roasted them with the honey drizzled on them)
3. Roast, tossing once, until tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, and toss with honey (I didn't do this since I roasted them in honey).

No comments: